Monday, March 19, 2007

RSS feeds

Well, I have been away a long time, mostly because I had a lot of work to do, but some, because there was an awful lot to cover in this lesson. I still do not feel proficient in it, but I do understand what it is and how you would use it. At first, I was somewhat confused on what kind of internet sites would qualify. Everything I wanted to access said it could not find a feed. Then, after talking with Bobbi, I realized that most of the feeds are connected to Blogs. I do not use the internet that much, so I was really hunting hard for RSS feeds. I did find the links to feeds folder in Blog Lines very helpful. I tried Feedster, Topix. net and technorati, and found them fairly easy to navigate, after I realized where the feeds were. Setting up feeds could be helpful, if you wanted to keep in touch with several people at once. Bobbi explained to me that she has all of us on her feed, so that when we publish to our Blog, she knows there has been a new addition. This could be very helpful in many situations. I am curious as to how she did this, since we do not have feeds set up???? Well, I think I am ready to move onward and downward to Play week.

1 comment:

Bobbi Newman said...

Hi Debbie, many blogging platforms such as Blogger and Wordpress automatically generate an RSS feed without the user ever having to set it up. I believe there might be the option to turn it off somewhere.