Friday, April 6, 2007

THe end!

The journey has been slow and thorough, yet fast and just scratching of the surface. I guess that sums up my experience of Library 2.0. When I started this program, I wondered if I would ever be able to make it through all the steps. Some of the lessons sounded quite daunting, like Technorati, Podcasts, and even the idea of blogging. Most of these terms were totally foreign to me. I now know what they are, which I feel is very beneficial to me. As for being proficient in them, that is debatable. However, with technology changing as we speak, I think it would be hard to be proficient with anything on the web. The best we can do is keep on trying.
I am glad I participated in the program. It has given me an opportunity to surf the web, and give me some confidence in doing so. I have always been apprehensive about doing or going anywhere on the internet. My family is part of the 29% of the people who do not have internet in their homes. So, I have never had the opportunity to do much searching. This has been a real handicap working the Computer Center. I still do not feel confident in my searching abilities, but I do know a lot more than I did in January.
The program was well written, and covered everything thoroughly. The only thing I found that would be more helpful was to have a few more explanations on how to the simple things. I think having the more in depth classes is covering the gaps that may occur. The only thing that might need to be expanded on is the tagging lesson. That one left me totally frustrated, and I still am not comfortable with it. I do plan on attending your "in depth" class on it.

1 comment:

Bobbi Newman said...

congratulations on finishing!