I have always been curious about e-books, but never took the time to explore this part of the library. I found it very interesting and fairly easy to navigate. I did do the tutorial which explained a lot. The one thing I don't understand is how you check out a book and how exactly you view it. Do you just access the library and read it on the computer? I was surprised at the content. I expected a lot of genre stuff, and found mostly reference and non-fiction items. Is that just what I searched, or is the majority of the collection non-fiction? Again, my age is showing, for I really would miss curling up with a book, or if doing reference, I would miss the tactile experience. However, on the other hand, being able to make notes and bookmarking pages, it might be easier to find a certain reference you were looking for. I guess, depending on the use, e-books could be very helpful.
The other area I was curious about was how to look up audio books. I put in a search for audio books, but I came up with a lot of regular books with the words audio and book in them. I thought the tutorial did a great job of explaining how to download them, and I was interested in the 3 week check-out. Do you have to return them somehow, or do they self destruct???
All and all, this was a very helpful lesson, and one I have always wanted to explore, but never took the time. But, as usual I think I go away from the lessons with more questions than answers. Of course, that is a good thing, because before the lesson, I didn't know enough about it to have a question....
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment