Thursday, April 5, 2007
I pod, U pod, we all pod....
I was not impressed with podcasts. I am not a radio listener to begin with, so I know I personally will never use this area of the internet. I did find some useful pods when I typed in Library news. Not so much the pod itself, but how it could be beneficial to a school or library to do a "cast" on upcoming events. One would have to have a personality that is contagious, and a very good speaking voice. I could see how this media could be used in that way. I had a great deal of trouble trying to listen to stuff on the Podcast.net link. It kept locking me up. I would never use this, just because it was so much trouble. It could be the internet today, it could be the operator--that's me--pushing too many buttons, or it could be the link. Either way, it was not a positive experience. I did have much better luck with Yahoo Podcasts. I was able to move around the site, without locking up my computer. I found very little that interested me. But, that is personal preference. I am more of a visual person, and most of it was auditory. I had a misconception of what podcasts were. I thought they would be the little cameras that are mounted on individual PC's, and just show your daily life--or something like that. I wasn't aware they were basically radio broadcasts. I did find an interesting one with NPR-about children's books. I did an rss feed on that one. Well, that is it for today. Two posts in one day. Pretty busy day!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment