Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Delicious del.icio.us????
Well, here I am with my head just a spinning, I had a very, very interesting afternoon. I went through the tutorial, and I feel like my mind went through the wringer. I understand that we are talking about filing your favorite spots all in one place. However, that is about all I understand. I don't know how to bookmark anything in the old system, so I really don't know how to tag something in the new one. I browsed the mrrl2 account that was created for us. I think I understand how to click on the tags, and how they would take me out on the internet to the corresponding site. I can see how this would be useful if you visited certain sites on a regular basis. I did not grasp how you would personally tag something or how you would connect it to your address. Therefore, I guess I only get a passing grade today, no kudos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Debbie, How you personally tag something - you download a bit of software to your pc and it puts a button on your browser window. When you come across a site you want to remember, you click that button. It saves the site and you can add "tags" to help you find it later.
For example, let's say I'm browsing a library blog about learning2.0 and there is a link to an article about learning2.0, I click on the link and realize yes, I want to read this article, but I don't have time to right now. I click the button to tag the site, delicious remembers the URL (the address), and a description, and allows me to add notes and tags. So I might add a note saying "found via Librarian In Black blog" and tags for "learning2.0" toread" etc.
Hope that helps!
Debbie, I'm with you in that I'm not certain that del.icio.us is my sort of thing. It all comes down to organizational preferences. I do like the thought of having a one-button tagging option for future reading, but am wondering if I would follow up later.
Post a Comment